11 Ways to Reduce Your Impact on the Environment… TODAY
- Use reusable shopping bags for groceries
- Bring your own mug when indulging in a coffee drink — and skip the lid and the straw.
- Bring drinking water from home in glass water bottles instead of buying bottled water
- Store foods in glass containers or Mason jars rather than plastic containers and plastic freezer bags
- Take your own leftovers container to restaurants
- Avoid disposable utensils
- Avoid processed foods (which are typically sold with plastic wrapping or plastic-lined paper boxes).
- Buy fresh produce instead, and use reusable vegetable bags brought from home rather than plastic bags
- Request no plastic wrap on your newspaper and dry cleaning
- Shop at second hand stores and consignment shops
- Opt for non-disposable razors, washable feminine hygiene products, cloth diapers, handkerchiefs instead of paper tissues and rags in lieu of paper towels (old shirts and socks can be repurposed as cleaning rags)
- Buy infant toys made of wood or (untreated) fabric rather than plastic