THE PLANNING PROCESS
The Village of Warwick Comprehensive Plan Committee has been meeting regularly since January, 2021 to update the Village’s 2004 Plan. The members of the committee are:
Mayor Michael Newhard
Barry Cheney, Village Trustee and Comprehensive Plan Committee Chairman
Judy Battista, Resident at Large, Power of Words Exposing Racism
Elizabeth Bourne, Resident at Large
Scot Brown, Zoning Board of Appeals
Rosemary Cooper, Albert Wisner Library
Jack Ellis, Warwick Valley Historical Society
Matthew Finn, Architectural and Historic Review Board
Carly A. Foster, Communities2gether
Corrine Iurato, Warwick Valley Chamber of Commerce
Robert M. Kennedy III, Resident at Large, Town Planning Board
Tom McKnight, Village of Warwick Planning Board
Susan Metzger, Resident at Large
Most committee meetings have been held via Zoom. Recordings of these sessions can be viewed at the Village YouTube channel.
The consultant for the plan is Peter Fairweather of Fairweather Consulting, assisted by Alta Planning & Design, focusing on issues related to transportation, mobility and parks.
PUBLIC OUTREACH SESSIONS
The planning process has involved ongoing public outreach and community engagement. The sessions held so far include:
- Zoom Session on Transportation/Parking, Alta (via Zoom), June 17, 2021
- Posters Displayed in the Wisner Library for public comment, July 9 to August 31, 2021.
- Posters Displayed at the Village Sidewalk Sale for public comment, July 10-11, 2021
- Presentation & Discussion at the Chamber Mixer, July 12, 2021
- Presentation & Discussion at the Historical Society, August 10, 2021
- Focus Group for Downtown Merchants, August 10, 2021
- Presentation & Discussion with POWER via Zoom, August 12, 2021
- Posters Displayed at the Farmers Market for public comment, August 15, 2021
- Focus Group for Civic Groups (Rotary, Lions, Knights of Columbus, POWER, August 19, 2021
- Focus Group for Artists, September 15, 2021
- Focus Group for Hispanic Community, October 13, 2021
A summary of these outreach efforts can be downloaded as a PDF here. The results of the focus group conducted by Alta Design can be downloaded as a PDF here.
ON-LINE COMMUNITY SURVEY
In addition, a community survey was conducted on line via Survey Monkey. You can download the results as a PDF here.
The planning process also included an analysis of demographic and economic data related to the Village. You can download a summary of that analysis as a PDF here.