Part-Time Court Clerk
The Village of Warwick Justice Court is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Part-Time (flexible sixteen (16) hours per week) Court Clerk.
The position involves all functions related the Village Court where civil, criminal and traffic matters are processed and adjudicated. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with the public and legal and law enforcement personnel;
- Maintaining court records, including financial records and monthly reports to NYS Comptroller;
- Preparation of files and court calendar;
- Collecting fines/fees in adherence with bookkeeping procedures; Appointee will be subject to background check and fingerprinting.
- High School Graduate/GED with two years Office/Clerical Experience; OR
- Completion of sixty (60) credits from an accredited college/university
Prior or current experience in a Town/Village Court, along with familiarity with New York State Courtroom programs (SEI Case Management, WebDVS, New York State Department of Motor Vehicles) preferred.
Cover Letter and Resume may be submitted via email to email@example.com or by mail to Village of Warwick, Village Clerk, PO Box 369, Warwick, New York 10990.
The Village of Warwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment.