Our Wastewater Treatment Plant has been running nonstop 24/7 since 1972. Over the past five years the list for parts and upgrades has grown extensively. The time has come that a major renovation has to occur. Fixing the plumbing, as any homeowner knows, is costly and not very showy, but this needs to be our focus as we move forward.
This year we will begin a number of steps that we hope will lead us to our goal.
– We are adding an odor control element, RBC units and UV effluent purification to the plant. These pieces of equipment will be re-usable in a future plant but are necessary for the plants daily operation.
– We will be doing the necessary engineering to develop plans for serious rehabilitation or a new plant.
– We will begin to structure a multi-year economic strategy.
– The search for grants and funding has already begun – as well as outreach to our elected representatives on the State and Federal level.
– This will be a year of community outreach – “Wastewater Treatment 101” so that as a resident and stake holder you understand the challenges we face and the solutions we will work towards together.
This will potentially be one of the largest infrastructure projects in our recent history. It will be costly, but it represents a desire to prepare and ensure a strong future for our Village.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE RIGHT. WE WILL POST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AS THE PROJECT PROGRESSES.