The Village of Warwick celebrates its 150 year anniversary this year. Although the area has been occupied by humans for at least twelve thousand years, it wasn’t until 1867 that the village had a large enough population to be incorporated. One year after the Warwick Advertiser started, it was at this point the Village of Warwick started its own government, library, water works and “firemanic company.” Soon after, the area’s largest school, the Warwick Institute, many churches, and the Warwick Savings Bank established themselves in the Village of Warwick. The village’s tree lined streets became the hub of commerce and social gatherings that we know today.
For the latest on this year’s celebrations GO TO WARWICK150.ORG!